For quite a few months now I’ve been thinking about the bookish resolutions I’d make for 2019 – the biggest of which is reading the books that are actually on my shelves. When I started coming across Beat the Backlist posts a few days ago I knew it was the perfect solution!
As of right now, I currently own 387 books that I haven’t read.
Yes, you read that right. 387. I know, it’s ridiculous. With only a few exceptions, I won’t be buying any books for the better part of 2019 or checking any out from the library or requesting any ARCs. I’m ready to get through what I already own.
I’ve broken the books I want to read down into 3 categories, listed below.
- The Wartime Sisters – Lynda Cohen Loigman
- A Woman of War – Mandy Robotham
On My Shelf – First Time Reads:
3. Reflection – Elizabeth Lim
4. Dorothy Must Die – Danielle Paige
5. Will Grayson, Will Grayson – John Green
6. Turtles All the Way Down – John Green
7. Crooked Kingdom – Leigh Bardugo
8. The Wrath and the Dawn – Renée Ahdied
9. The Rose and the Dagger – Renée Ahdied
10. The Ring and the Crown – Melissa de la Cruz
11. Two by Two – Nicholas Sparks
12. Every Breath – Nicholas Sparks
13. Gunslinger Girl – Lyndsay Ely
14. A Frozen Heart – Elizabeth Rudnick
15. Salt to the Sea – Ruta Sepetys
16. Blackhearts – Nicole Castroman
17. Three Dark Crowns – Kendare Blake
18. Witches – Stacy Schiff
19. And I Darken – Kiersten White
20. Love Story – Karen Kingsbury
21. Cherry Harvest – Lucy Sanna
22. Meddling Kids – Edgar Cantero
23. The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virture – Mackenzi Lee
24. A Clash of Kings – George R. R. Martin
25. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
On My Shelf – Rereads
25. Code Name Verity – Elizabeth Wein
26. Front Lines – Michael Grant
27. A Game of Thrones – George R. R. Martin
It’s already a long list, but there’ll definitely be some additions. Quite a few of the books listed have sequels that I’m sure I’ll pick up if I like the first book, and I know I’m going to get at least a couple books for Christmas and they’ll get added to the list too (once I’ve opened them and know what they are!)
It’ll be a miracle if I can get through the whole list since I’ll be a full time graduate student for part of the year and writing my second – and hopefully third – book on top of that.
You can keep up with my progress and any changes to the list here.
I’m going to compete in the Hogwarts House Mini Challenge too, supporting Gryffindor!